WhatsApp for iOS just got a huge update today, bringing in an iOS7-friendly redesign.
It looks just like you’d expect an iOS7 version of an app to look, with no more glossy panels or icons, yada yada. The update also includes:
What’s New in Version 2.11.5
– new iOS 7 User Interface
– broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
– improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
– large thumbs: see more
– new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
– application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
– new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
– crop image before sending
Reminder: you can backup your WhatsApp conversations into iCloud. Simply visit WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Chat Backup and tap on “Back Up Now”
The Broadcast feature has popped up on the Windows Phone and Android version already, and allows folks to send a message to everyone on their list. Useful and a bit spammy, I guess.
Available right over at the App Store.
[button color=”red” link=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/whatsapp-messenger/id310633997″ target=”_blank” font=”georgia” align=”right”]iTunes Link[/button]