Looking for a cheap phone that’ll probably last for a gazillion years? The Nokia 114 Dual-SIM launched in India today for a mere Rs 2549.
We hardly get to talk about budget non-smartphones here heh. The Nokia 114 is a dual-SIM S40 phone weighing just 80 grams and featuring a 1.8 inch QVGA 65K colour LCD display with a traditional alphanumeric keypad underneath and a VGA camera at the back. There’s 16MB of internal memory and 64MB of RAM, with a microSD card slot if you need more. And the usual Bluetooth 2.1 and 1020mAh removable battery with 2G talktime of 10.5 hours and standby time of 367 hours.
Available in stores today onwards. Full Press Release below.
[toggle_content title="Press Release" class=""]Nokia launches Nokia 114 Dual SIM for a faster, more affordable Internet experience
· Introduces Nokia 114 to accelerate its strategy to connect the next billion consumers to information and the Internet
· Nokia’s unique Easy Swap technology enables users to switch SIM cards without turning off the phone
New Delhi, January 17, 2013: Nokia India today launched the Nokia 114 as it continues to accelerate its strategy of connecting the next billion consumers to the Internet. Designed to appeal to young and hyper-social consumers who want a fast and affordable online experience, the phone comes with the innovative, cloud-accelerated Nokia Xpress browser, which allows up to 85% more efficient mobile browsing.
Text Box: Nokia 114 •Access Facebook and Twitter directly from the home screen •Fast, easy and affordable internet with the cloud accelerated Nokia Xpress Browser •Get your apps, games and more from the Nokia Store •Switch SIM cards without switching off with Nokia’s unique Easy Swap Dual SIM The Nokia 114 is perfect for communicating across social networks, with direct access to Facebook and Twitter from the home screen. The device comes with a stylish, metallic key mat which is well-spaced to ensure easy typing. The Nokia 114 is priced at Rs. 2,549.
Commenting on the Nokia 114 launch, V. Ramnath, Director of Sales, Nokia India said, “The new Nokia 114 offers a great, affordable browsing experience for hyper-social consumers who want instant Facebook and Twitter access, as well as to stay connected on-the-go. This unique device supports 24/7 connectivity through faster Internet access with the Nokia Xpress Browser, resulting in a superior Internet experience for these price points”.
Perfect for all day, all night entertainment
· The Nokia 114 provides long-lasting battery life, with over 10 hours of talk time and nearly a month’s standby time, meaning that consumers can stay in-touch and entertained all day long.
· The device offers an optimized camera for social networking, with very low data consumption while uploading the content. It provides sharp and clear pictures, and support for up to 32GB of external memory – enough for more than 90,000 pictures or 6000 songs..
The upgraded camera lets users take photos of friends and use these to personalize contact lists or share them via social networks and Bluetooth.
· Consumers can also tune into their favorite radio stations and share their favorite content with friends over Bluetooth.
· The Nokia 114 also comes pre-loaded with personal information management features such as a dictionary, digital clock, audio recorder, and calculator as well as several interesting games and applications through Nokia Store.
Dual SIM Capacity
Nokia 114 is a Dual SIM phone, featuring the benefits of Nokia’s unique, industry-leading Easy Swap technology. This enables users to switch between SIM cards quickly, without having to remove the battery or turn off the phone. The Easy Swap technology can personalize and remember up to five different SIM cards, giving consumers full control over their mobile bills. [/toggle_content]