Gmail updated for Android 4.0, brings resizable emails, swipe to archive
Gmail for Android 4.0 and 4.1 devices got a nice little update today, bringing it up to par with features on the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version of the app.
Yup, emails now resize to fit your device, and you can swipe an email to archive it automatically. You can also now attach photos and videos directly within the Gmail app, and photo previews have been tweaked a little and generally improved.
What’s in this version:
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and up:
• Auto-fit messages to screen and message zooming
• Swipe messages to archive or delete
• Attach photos and videos from within Gmail
• Larger photo previews and gallery view for photo attachments
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Android 2.2 and up:
• New Labels API for 3rd-party app developers
• Performance improvements
Unfortunately if you’re running on a device with earlier software than Android 4.x, you’re out of luck. For the rest of y’all, the update is available right over at the Google Play Store.