The 5530 does have UDP (User Data Preservation), so while its always a good idea to backup all your data before the firmware update, none of your programs or data should be affected with the update.
Remember you can update using the 5530’s OTA (Over-The-Air) feature, or if you prefer you can download Nokia’s Software Updater application to update your 5530 on your windows PC.
If there’s no new firmware detected for your device yet, it might be because it hasnt reached your region product code yet, or maybe your device is carrier branded. It should roll out to all product codes eventually though.
The Full Changelog (via A2Phone) is:
- Poland – PTC ERA Polish NDT Settings Error
- Breathing Light is translated wrong
- Facebook arabic: wrong translation in security notification
- “Touch screen vibration”, In Arabic UI it is translated wrong
- Only incoming calls possible, outgoing not possible
Known Issue :
- Nokia 5530 XpressMusic: character missing with PinYin input
Have you updated your 5530 XpressMusic yet ? Notice anything new with the firmware update that we might have missed ? Do let us know in the comments y’all!
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]